UETDRRF004 Perform rescue from a live LV panel
(Also known as Low Voltage Rescue with Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation – or LVR with CPR)
If your professional role involves working with live, low voltage switchboards, then knowing how to help someone being electrocuted and perform a low voltage rescue (or LVR) is an essential workplace skill. The UETDRRF004 Perform rescue from a live LV panel course is specifically designed to provide all the skills and knowledge needed for just such an emergency – how to save someone’s life without putting your own at risk.
The course covers standard health and safety requirements for both workers and managers, and the requirements for LV rescue and how they apply in different roles.
The course includes the following units as part of the qualification – both of which the student will be certified in upon successfully completing the course.
- UETDRRF004 Perform rescue from a live LV panel
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Downunder First Aid Training is committed to your health and safety. As such, during the Covid-19 pandemic, we are careful to follow best practice Covid-safe procedures at all our training. Please respect the other people on your course by following the trainer’s instructions regarding wearing PPE (such as masks) and infection control measures. Also, we ask participants not to come if they’re unwell or experiencing any flu-like symptoms. If that’s the case, you can contact us to reschedule your training at no additional charge. If you need more information on these measures, simply contact us for more details.
LVR/CPR Course Delivery
4 Hour Face-to-Face Training & Assessment
The Perform a Rescue from Live LV Panel course is a hands-on course requiring practical training that needs to be delivered in a face-to-face training context. The course is delivered as a 4 hour, half-day seminar at one of our many training facilities. The knowledge and practical skills required for certification are taught and assessed as part of that seminar, meaning students will be fully certified as soon as they’ve successfully completed the half-day course.
The training will be delivered and assessed through a variety of different methods, including:
- Practical Demonstrations: Simulated scenarios/Roleplaying
- Project (Incident Report)
- Knowledge Assessment
No Online Workbook or E-learning Required
Many people find the idea of E-learning (working through an online workbook with automated assessments) a little intimidating. While Downunder First Aid Training’s UETDRRF004 training does include some pre-reading, students can work through this content at their own pace and in their own time. You just need to complete the pre-course quiz (based on that pre-reading) provided with your training materials and bring it to the session with you.
The time required to work through this material will vary from person to person, but you are free to work at the pace you feel comfortable. The pre-reading is essential though, as the information it contains will be assumed knowledge during the training.
While there are no specific qualifications needed to participate in the UETDRRF004 course, there are some basic physical and educational requirements. Participants will need to…
- Be 14 years of age or older
- Show written consent from a parent or guardian if under eighteen
- Prepare verbal incident reports or provide information to enable preparation of an incident report (e.g. first aid report)
- Communicate effectively and assertively in an incident (e.g. give a casualty handover)
- Use literacy and numeracy skills as require reading, interpret and apply guidelines and protocols (e.g. read and follow ARC guidelines)
- Perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles of both compression and breaths) on an adult manikin placed on the floor
- Perform at least 2 minutes of interrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles of both compression) on an infant manikin placed on the firm surface
The full course fee for the UETDRRF004 Perform rescue from a live LV panel course is $199, including all course materials and certificates. This cost can sometimes be lower, according to our daily deals.